May 25, 2011

Unusual Tales - The Hostile Planet


"Unusual Tales", a series presenting Steve Ditko's comics from 1957 to 1959 that are in the public domain.

"The Hostile Planet" is a 5-page story first published in Charlton's SPACE ADVENTURES #27 [1959], detailing two visits of the peace loving people of Neptune to Earth, with similar but increasingly dangerous results.  I especially like the way Ditko draws the alien faces in this one.


But before the story, some links:
STATIC, MOCKER and MISSING MAN volumes available
New issue now available
Hulk/Torch team-up inches closer every day
Scans in this series generally adapted to my personal tastes from those copies

Click to embiggen


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure is this is the right place to ask for informations 'cause this is my first post here.
    I'm searching for a short story Ditko did around the late 60s/early 70s.It's about a hunchback(named Coco) who made an automaton to reign as a king in some vaguely middle-age country.If someone can help me or tell me where i can find resources to find specific comics,i'd really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered By Blogger